Middle School Primary Restorative Practices/ Social Emotional Learning
Middle School Social Emotional Learning
Students in middle school receive 30 minutes of "advisory" time per week in their homeroom classes to have morning meetings. During this time, students discuss social emotional issues within that grade band and how to solve problems that arise during the week.
Eligibility for Middle School Activities and Incentives (Incentives Occur Approx. every 5 weeks)
Incentives can include (but are not limited to): Oktoberfest, movie parties and trips, after school dances, park field trips, free time, extra recess, etc. In order to be eligible for incentives, students must adhere to all of the following:
- Behavior: Students must have 2 or fewer behavior checks (described above) per incentive period (approx. 5-8 weeks)
- Attendance: Students must have 3 or fewer absences per incentive period
- Tardies: Students must have 2 or fewer tardies per incentive period
- Missing Assignments: Students must have 3 or fewer missing assignments total across all classes
- Service Hours: Students must be on pace working toward their service hours
All students will be able to check their eligibility with their homeroom teachers regularly so they can make positive behavior decisions.
If a student does not meet one of the criteria above prior to the incentive, they are deemed ineligible but they will have the chance to earn it back by speaking to Dr. Vondra or Mrs. Brewer and working to help the school community. In order to earn back the incentive, your child can:
■ Turn in the missing assignment (will not count as a grade, but no longer missing)
■ Send an email to Dr. Vondra or Mrs. Brewer requesting a meeting
■ This is the responsibility of the student, not the parent or teacher
Students can also participate in the school-wide Patriot Palooza where students nominate each other for demonstrating the Hamilton Way - Work Hard, Play Fair, and Take Care of Each Other