PE & Wellness: Updated with at Home Work for PE over break.
Mr. Skweres and Mr. Ransdell at Home Work for PE
Mr. Skweres and Mr. Ransdell both stress the importance of Sportsmanship and working well together in teams/groups. Find it very valuable for all students to be healthy and active. Feel very to fortunate to be at a school like Hamilton that offers Physical Education daily to every class!
Every week we have Fitness Wednesday’s at Hamilton. The kids participate in a wide variety of Fitness Activities. We are focusing on Fitness Testing(PACER, Push-Ups, Curl-Ups and Sit-N-Reach) at Beginning of the year. Plan on doing this three times during the school year.
PE Grading Scale:
- Health/Wellness(60%): Activities with a health enhancing level of fitness involved. Students will be graded on Assessments(Fitness Day, Unit Exams, etc.), Participation and Sports Focused Skills. We do not grade on ability. Come in with a motivated and positive attitude.
- Sportsmanship(20%): Works well in Groups/Teams. We both believe Good Sportsmanship is huge in Physical Education.
- Warm-Up/Preparedness(20%): Comes to class ready to work and with Gym Shoe. Completes the entire warm-up and does not waste time messing around.
About our PE Program:
Hamilton is very excited to be a 30+20+10 school. Students will receive 30 minutes of P.E., 20 minutes of recess and 10 minutes of in-class physical activity every day! To make this program work Hamilton has two PE Teachers:
- Steve Skweres teaches Physical Education and has been teaching at Hamilton since 2008 and teaching in CPS since 2005. Steve received his Type 75 in Administration at National Louis University in 2007. He also teaches Drivers Education after school at Amundsen High School. Mr. Skweres is a graduate from Western Illinois University, where he received a Physical Education Degree. He also coaches 5/6 and 7/8 Flag Football. He is a strong believer that sports play a vital role for kids in developing skills of teamwork and fair play. When Steve is not teaching he enjoys hanging out with friends, going to sporting events, and being active. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Ransdell is from the Northwestern Chicago suburbs. He studied at the University of Northern Illinois University in the Physical Education department. His love for all things sports and teaching them to others, is what drives him in this field. This will be Mr. Ransdell’s 6th year at Hamilton and he is looking forward to another great year being a Patriot. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Questions? Let us know.
Mr. Skweres and Mr. Ransdell